Prepped Cloth Diapers
At Petite Bottoms we prep ALL of our in-stock cloth diapers with natural and organic fibers including products like GroVia AIO's! So when you walk into our store, the products you see on our shelves are fully prepped ready for use!
Most of our products go through minimum of several washing cycles while organic fibers such as the Osocozy prefolds and other diapers go through extra washes before they are sold.
Prepping Information: So why is prepping necessary? There are several reasons.
- Natural fibers contain natural oil that if not prepped properly can causing repelling and not absorb your baby's waste during use
- Prepping properly shrinks and allows good fit
- Prepping washes away any contaminants that may be left behind during manufacturing process
- Keeps your baby's skin clear from anything but the natural fiber itself
How We Prep: Depending on the manufacturer and type of fabric we fully prep all natural and organic products before being put back on the shelves.
- Cotton fabrics are washed three to four wash cycles
- Unbleached cotton and organic fibers including hemp may go through up to eight wash cycles to fully strip away excess natural oils contained within the fibers
- All materials are dried completely
Products We Do Not Prep: We do not prep products like Thirsties covers and any synthetic material that do not require prepping. We only offer prepped products for in-stock items only. If they are being drop shipped then they are not prepped. If you'd like to know more information don't hesitate to contact us any time!